Wednesday 2 April 2008

More from Willy Wonka and the cock-up terminal





I probably should lay off kicking them when they are down, but British Airways managed to annoy me again yesterday with an e-mail from the Director of Operations. There were so many apologies in this e-mail that it sounded like that dreadful yowling "hit" that we've been subjected to on the radio for what seems like the last year.


But in my case, it was unnecessary to apologise. I have my bags, I am back home and I just want to put the experience behind me. It is now rather alarming, but not altogether surprising, to learn that, with all their sophisticated methods, BA don't actually know if I am still waiting for my bag to reappear after its little holiday in Milan or not.


At the end of the e-mail, in case I was wondering, it states that "you have received this email because it contains important information regarding your relationship with British Airways." No it doesn't. And much as we may talk about "relationship marketing" among ourselves, I don't think that the average person really wants to be told that they have a "relationship" with British Airways.


So, for light relief, here's a fun game I found. I would suggest an extra level where Willie starts packing bags off to Milan, Barcelona, Timbuktu and the South Pole.

No comments: